It is the policy of Advanced Reproductive Care, Inc. (ARC) that all staff preserves the integrity and the confidentiality of protected health information (PHI) pertaining to our clients, which are patients of ARC practices. The purpose of this policy is to ensure that ARC and its staff have the necessary medical and PHI to ensure the highest quality medical care possible while protecting the confidentiality of the PHI of our clients to the highest degree possible. Patients should not be afraid to provide information to ARC and its staff for purposes of providing referral and administrative services to ARC clients. To that end, ARC and its staff will–
- Adhere to the standards set forth in the Notice of Privacy Practices as outlined in HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996).
- Collect, use and disclose PHI only in conformance with state and federal laws and current patient covenants and/or authorizations, as appropriate. ARC and its staff will not use or disclose PHI for uses outside of ARC, such as marketing, employment, life insurance applications, etc. without an authorization from the patient.
- Recognize that PHI collected about clients must be accurate, timely, complete, and available when needed. ARC and its staff will–
- Implement reasonable measures to protect the integrity of all PHI maintained about patients.
- Recognize that patients have a right to privacy. ARC and its staff respect the patient’s individual dignity at all times. ARC and its staff will respect patient’s privacy to the extent consistent with providing the highest quality care possible and with the efficient administration of the facility.
- Act as responsible information stewards and treat all PHI as sensitive and confidential. Consequently, ARC and its staff will–
- Treat all PHI data as confidential in accordance with professional ethics, accreditation standards, and legal requirements.
- Not disclose PHI data unless the patient (or his or her authorized representative) has properly authorized the release or the release is otherwise authorized by law.
- Recognize that, although ARC “owns” the medical information, the patient has a right to inspect and obtain a copy of his/her PHI. In addition, patients have a right to request an amendment to his/her medical information if he/she believes his/her information is inaccurate or incomplete. ARC and its staff will–
- Permit patients access to their medical records when their written requests are approved by ARC. If we deny their request, then we must inform the patients that they may request a review of our denial. In such cases, we will have an on-site healthcare professional review the patients’ appeals.
- Provide patients an opportunity to request the correction of inaccurate or incomplete PHI in their medical records in accordance with the law and professional standards.
- All staff of ARC will maintain a list of certain disclosures of PHI for purposes other than referral and administrative services for each patient and those made pursuant to an authorization as required by HIPAA rules. We will provide this list to patients upon request, so long as their requests are in writing.
- All ARC staff will adhere to any restrictions concerning the use or disclosure of PHI that patients have requested and have been approved by ARC.
- All ARC staff must adhere to this policy. ARC will not tolerate violations of this policy. Violation of this policy is grounds for disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment and criminal or professional sanctions in accordance with ARC’s personnel rules and regulations.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
From time-to-time our site requests information via surveys. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and whether or not to share name and/or contact information. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site and of ARC Fertility’s services.
Information We Collect From an Applicant for Financing
We collect personal and financial information from you while you use the application interface on our website, on the phone, or in writing. Most of this collection occurs during the application process. Additional information may be gathered during your subsequent use of the website, phone calls or written correspondence, whenever you choose to provide it.
Certain personal information must be supplied during the application process, as indicated below, in order to determine borrowers’ eligibility for financing through issuing banks, verify borrowers’ identities, establish borrowers’ ability to request financing by verifying that they are at least 18 years of age, and guard against potential fraud. This basic personal information includes:
· Your name (application)
· Your email address (application)
· Your date of birth (application)
· Your home address and telephone number (application)
· Your Social Security number (application)
When you apply for financing through our issuing banks, we will use this information to pull a credit report from a credit bureau to determine your creditworthiness. We will also use your required information to facilitate activities and transactions that need to occur during the lending process, such as:
· Maintaining regular communications with you concerning an application you initiate, such as requesting additional information or assistance or submitting a request for financing.
· Contacting you if there is a problem completing a transaction you requested or to discuss a problem with your account
· Enabling our financial services partners to implement automatic payments
If you do not want us to collect, use, and share your information as described in this Policy, you may opt-out by emailing a request in writing to email@example.com or to our address below and we will not use or disclose your information.
Revised: April, 2018